The following table lists some common types of stains and steps recommended to remove stains in your carpet. Use each cleaning method in the sequence listed and follow the spot cleaning procedure.
- Clean warm water
- fabric detergent = solution of a 1 teaspoon (5ml) of approved wool detergent with 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and a 1 litre of warm water.
- Clean cold water
- Chewing gum remover (freezing agent)
- Carpet shampoo solution
- Dry cleaning fluid. caution: ensure that no flame
or lighted cigarette is near, and use in well ventilated area.
- Consult specialist
- Nail polish remover – should not include lanolin or be
of a greasy nature
- White spirit
- Absorbent paper and hot iron
- Brown paper and warm iron
- Detergent = 1teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with 1 cup warm water
- Undiluted white vineger
- Ammonia – Undiluted household ammonia, foaming type
- Freeze with ice cube, shatter with blunt object
and vacuum clean
- Solution = water and non-bleach mild detergent
- Methylated spirits, Caution: ensure that no flame or iighted cigarette is near, and use in well ventilated area
- Baking soda, scrape and vacuum
- Absorbent powder (salt), sprinkle on spillage, leave
overnight and vacuum next day.
- Dry stripper, dilute 50 to 1 with cold water,
Caution: Do not use on dark or patterned carpet